Monday, May 11, 2009

communication among humans


This is the 2nd week I have entered my Human Communications class and this is my 1st post. Human communication is not new to us as we communicate with each other all the time. After entering a few classes, I feel that my perception of communication may be shallower than I thought and the lectures have told me that there are more to human communication that meets the eye.


Human communication as a subject is new to almost everyone so I will start by saying a little bit about human communication as an introduction. Like Mr Murali said, human communication is a process. It is not something we can do by ourselves and it is never a one way thing. We have to address one another to begin a conversation. If there is no response, then its no longer a conversation.


As we all know, there are many different varieties of communication, which are, the intrapersonal communication, the dyadic communication, the small group communication, public communication and mass communication. By the end of my post, you will definitely know more about the different types of communication.


Firstly, we have the intrapersonal communication. From the word intrapersonal, you would have guessed that it means one person. Many people talk to themselves and I know that you are no different. People talk to themselves to give themselves some encouragement and to gain confidence.Next, we have the dyadic communication which is also called the interpersonal communication. It is a communication between two people like when you are talking to a friend.


The third type of communication is the small group communication. A small group cannot be define as the perspective of the word "small group" varies from one persone to another. To us, a small froup range between 3-5 people. On the other hand, a public communication is when an individual tries to communicate and reach out to a crowd. For example, it could be a motivator giving a speech to a hall full of people or a lecturer teaching a class.The final type of communication is the mass communication where an individual communicates and reach out to millions of people. It could be via electronic or printed media.


I have explained the types of human communication so I hope you will understand more about human communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment