Friday, May 29, 2009

Mom, Dad, are we looking at the same thing? =/

There was once a hilarious (I wonder if you find that funny? :/) incident happened on my way back from family dinner. My mom was driving, I was sitting beside her and dad sat behind me. While we were waiting for the traffic light, I took a glance on the shop lots on my left side. There was a banner advertised on furniture hang on the wall and it's written 'Home Design Sdn. Bhd.' From my perspective, I thought that the furniture shop could be somewhere nearby. Well, usually those furniture shops do this in front of their entrance.Yet, there wasn't any within my sight. Then I voiced out and asked my dad for curiosity. He said that was promoting purpose, and I was like 'duh? Shouldn't that's the intention of an advertisement?' He saw me kept quiet and puzzled, he continued 'It would only be there for few months.' So I assumed that is a billboard. But.... wait a minute... Billboard on the shop lots? But I chose to believe in my dad after few minutes.

The light finally turned green, and my mom said 'Shouldn't that be a curtain shop? Or else there would not be a curtain photo. It's a curtain designer firm. It's a 'home curtain designs' dear, that is why it calls 'Home Design' I stunned again. WHAT? Curtains? I turned my head and looked around. Oh well, it was true that there was a curtain shop. So it was proved that my mom received my message mistakenly and we weren't looking at the same thing. So I clarified my words. All of the sudden, my dad interfered our conversation 'Hey, hold on. I thought you were talking about the cartoon balloons?' I explained my sentence once again. We laughed and I wondered how could both of them received my message differently. They were both interpreted my message in different ways , therefore they looked at different things. How amazing, I thought this would not happen between us. Especially they are someone who know me so well. Even my parents? =/

No comments:

Post a Comment